We’ll discuss about Ashneer Grover in this post. We will also get to know Ashneer, the man behind Bhaartpe and judge on Shark Tank India, better as we read this article. Included are his height, age, family, education, financial worth, and other relevant information.
Highlight of Ashneer Grover
|Former co founder Bharat Pe
|Entrepreneur, Businessman, Angel Investor
|MD & Co-Founder
|Date of Birth
|14th June 1982
|Currently Known for
|Judging Shark Tank Indian season 1
|IIT Delhi and IIM Ahemdabad
An overview on Ashneer Grover
Ashneer Grover is the managing director and former co founder of BharatPe, one of the biggest Fintech companies in India. He is well renowned for acting audaciously and direct. Ashneer comes from a well-off, intellectually accomplished family, but he has always wished for recognition that is different. His social and economic trajectory has always been well-supported by his brains and excellent education. Thanks to his recent televised appearance as Shark Tank India’s most audacious judge, Ashneer is now a household name.
Delhi is the place where Ashneer was born and reared. India serves as the home base for his startup. His family is middle class and most of the members are professionals in various fields. He finished education at the esteemed Apeejay education. He completed his education at Apeejay School, he was awarded a diploma by Delhi.
- Debut Career (2006–2013): Before starting bharatpe, He made a name for himself working for a variety of large companies, including American Express and Kotak Investment Bank. Grover really spent seven years of his career at Kotak, overseeing 10 agreements worth $3 billion in industries including manufacturing, real estate, media, oil and gas, retail, and telecommunications. He was also in charge of restructuring and mergers and acquisitions.
- New Venture (2013): Grover left New Venture to work as the director of corporate development for American Express in 2013. During his two years with this business, he oversaw a Series B investment in MobiKwik..
- Grofers (2015): The gifted young civil engineer became the company’s chief financial officer for two and a half years after joining Grofers (now Blinkit) in 2015. He was responsible for all financial, legal, and business-to-government affairs at this time, working with the company’s founders.me.
- PC Jewellers (2017): The IIT alumnus chose to join PC Jeweller Ltd. in 2017 and assumed the role of Head of New Business. He helped the firm make the move to internet as the second-biggest jewelry retailer in the country. He was in charge of all online sales projects for the business under the PCJ brand in this capacity.
- BharatPe (2018–2021): In October 2018, the recent graduate of IIM MBA made a shift. In October 2018, the IIM MBA alumnus made some big adjustments. Instead of working for another company, he and Shashvat Nakrani founded BharatPe. In August 2021, he hung up his CEO cap and wore a managing director’s instead. He has held this role for the last seven months while the company finalizes the finance for its first public offering.
- SharkTank India: Before being forced to leave and give up his responsibilities inside the company on February 28, 2022, Ashneer served as managing director and co founder of Bharat.
Controversies Soundred by Ashneer
- Laundering of money
The most recent issue surrounding the business businessman is related to his and his wife’s stop at Delhi’s IGI Airport on Thursday night (Nov. 17).
According to Sindhu Pillai, joint commissioner of the EOW, Grover and Jain were taken into custody before the security check. She also asked that Grover and Jain go back to their residence in Delhi and help with the investigation at the EOW headquarters at Mandir Marg the next week.
Earlier this week, a lookout circular (LoC) was issued against the two. Pillai claims that the pair was not imprisoned, but rather that the LoC was just issued to keep them from leaving the country.
The EOW filed a complaint against Grover, Jain, and other family members on May 11 for inappropriate use of business money, based on fabricated documents.
- Threatening Kotak Bank Officer
During the first week of January 2022, Bongu Babu posted an audio sample and a SoundCloud link. Ashneer is allegedly threatening a Kotak Bank employee over the phone in one instance. He was disappointed when his application for shares in Nykaa’s first public offering (IPO) was denied.
But Ashneer had comeato the conclusion that this audio clip was fake. He claims that making threats is an effort to obtain money. Grover tweeted this video with the addition, “Friends…” Get comfortable. Despite this untrustworthy audio clip, I resisted the scam artists’ demands for donations of 240,000 bitcoin.
Entrepreneur Madhuri is in charge of BharatPe’s internal operations, which include finance, HR, and other departments.
Ashneer Grover Wife
Madhuri managed interior design projects for businesses like Satya Paula and Alok Industries before joining BharatPe. She also called her furniture line Mauve and Brown.
Husband and wife Ashneer and Madhuri Jain Grover have two children: a son named Avy Grover and a girl named Mannat Grover.
Ashneer Grover Net Worth
Ashneer is among the richest sharks participating in the program. His net worth estimated is as high as Rs. 700 crores, per a GQ India article. He lives at Panchsheel Park, Delhi, in his lavish home with this family. An estimated 30 crores is the value of his massive house. He also has a collection of expensive and luxurious cars.
Facts About Ashneer Grover
Given below are the few fact about Ashneer Grover are:-
- The French Embassy provided him with a stipend of 6000 euros in 2003, the year of his graduation.
- He was a busy investor before starting his own business. He has invested in a variety of industries, such as alcobev, fintech, gaming, and health technology. As of current present, he has invested in around 22 companies.
- He was selected to serve as Shark Tank India’s first judge.
- He was awarded the title of Entrepreneur of the Year again in 2021.